Thank you to all of the new readers who have signed up for this newsletter! My goal is to arm you with information that prepares you and your career as AI continues to infiltrate every industry. If this was forwarded to you, please subscribe to receive each new issue.
News at the Intersection of AI and Design
Another week and another slew of AI/Design announcements. One of the most significant announcements is the expansion of Adobe Firefly into Adobe Illustrator. This leads me to believe that we’re going to see Firefly integrated into more applications and at deeper levels. This is just the beginning.
Adobe Illustrator gets its first Firefly AI tool
Firefly’s capabilities come to Adobe Illustrator to help designers rapidly experiment with colors.
- Generative Recolor is the first example of Adobe Firefly-powered tools within Illustrator.
- Adobe is focused on bringing Firefly to its creative suite of tools
- This tool is still in beta.
- Businesses will be able to train Firefly to create brand-aligned content.
AI-generated QR codes are pretty incredible
AI-generated QR codes can be used to create unique and visually appealing designs that can be used for a variety of purposes.
- AI-generated QR codes can be used to create unique and visually appealing designs.
- They can be used to track user engagement and collect data.
- They can be used to create interactive experiences.
- They can be used to add a touch of personality to marketing campaigns.
IKEA Uses Artificial Intelligence to Transform Call Center Employees into Interior Design Advisors
IKEA is using artificial intelligence (AI) to transform its call center employees into interior design advisors. The AI system, called “Home Advisor,” helps employees answer customer questions about products and design solutions.
- Home Advisor can answer questions about IKEA products and design solutions.
- Home Advisor can generate 3D renderings of customer homes with different IKEA products.
- Home Advisor can recommend products and design solutions that meet customer needs.
- Home Advisor can help customers save time and money on their home improvement projects.
New Resources for you
This week also saw the launch of AfterDesign.me! It’s exciting to get this out into the world.
I wrote a few blog posts that might interest you.
I’m still working on a few things to help you be better prepared. If there is something specific you’d like me to do or include, please let me know by replying or leaving a comment.
I know there are way too many newsletters out there and I appreciate you signing up for this one. I want to make sure you get as much value as possible.
How can I help you?
Want to join hundreds of other designers who are staying ahead of the coming AI wave?
Subscribe now to get the latest in AI and Design in your inbox each week.