Some companies value design. And other companies don’t. We’ve discussed how to show the value of design in previous issues.
This week I dig into why it’s important to find a company that values design. More important than that, I explore ways to discover which companies value what you have to offer.
I’d love for you to read the article and let me know what you think.
News at the Intersection of AI and Design
🤖 The Automation Revolution: Efficiency in the Creative Process
The article dives into how automation can be a game-changer for creative processes, highlighting both its potential benefits and the challenges that come with implementation.
- Automation can streamline various aspects of the creative process, such as file organization, asset reviews, and even note-taking, freeing up time for more value-added work.
- While automation offers numerous benefits, it’s not without challenges like resistance to change, lack of corporate support, and integration issues.
📈 Measuring Trust: Why Every AI Model Needs a FICO Score
The article explores the growing need for a trustworthiness score for AI models, similar to FICO scores in the financial world, to address concerns about ethics, security, and bias.
- The lack of trust in AI is a significant barrier to its adoption, and there’s a need for an easy-to-understand scoring system to evaluate an AI model’s alignment with human-AI coexistence.
- Various tools are emerging to measure and validate AI models, but a standardized scoring system like the proposed “Human & AI Coexistence score” (HAICO) could be a game-changer in building public confidence.
Disclaimer: I have worked for both of these authors while at different companies and they both have their finger on the pulse of emerging technology.
👩💻 We need to be not “AI-First” but AI Ready
David Armano was recently on the Shorty Awards #ItsNoFluke podcast and he talked about … you guessed it … AI.
- Blue collar workers were disrupted by automation. Now it’s white collar workers’ time to be disrupted.
- The white collar world needs to become students of the automation we’ve seen over the past decades in fields such as manufacturing.
New Resources for you
Graphic designers need to have an escape plan.
I posted this article in a designer forum on LinkedIn and it kind of took off. The array of responses was interesting. After a day and a half, almost 20% of the people who reacted to the post (not counting comments) have the green #OpenToWork banner on their profile picture.
This tells me that many designers are looking for work and it’s getting harder out there. It’s already led to some coaching!
In the article, I give some tips on what you can do to start building your life raft out of the design field.
Awareness of the impact of AI on design jobs is rising. How can we help spread the word further so people are better prepared?
How can I help you?
Want to join hundreds of other designers who are staying ahead of the coming AI wave?
Subscribe now to get the latest in AI and Design in your inbox each week.