Business Insider recently released an article that sounds like it could have appeared on the After Design blog. It talks about the impact that AI will have on jobs. I summarized it in today’s blog post.
News at the Intersection of AI and Design
Generative AI use Will Continue Its Climb Across All Age Groups
More than 100 million people in the US will use generative AI next year
- More than 52% of Gen Z and Millennials will be monthly users
- More than 100 million people in the US will use generative AI next year
Insider Intelligence recently released a report detailing how generative AI use will grow across all age groups (subscription required).
Generative AI Tools Revolutionize Graphic Design
Generative AI tools like Adobe Firefly and DALL-E are shaking up the graphic design world, but they still need the human touch to create truly remarkable results.
- Embracing Technology: Designers are finding that AI can save time and open new creative frontiers, but it requires skill and expertise to guide the AI to desired outcomes
- Legal Complexities: The rise of AI in design also brings challenges related to copyright and intellectual property that need to be addressed
AI Language Models are Rife with Different Political Biases
AI language models, depending on which one you ask, can give you wildly different answers on politically sensitive topics, revealing underlying biases, as found in new research.
- Varied Political Tendencies: The study discovered that AI models like OpenAI’s GPT series and Meta’s LLaMA have distinct political biases, with some leaning left-wing libertarian and others right-wing authoritarian
- Influence on Content Classification: The political leanings of AI models significantly affect how they classify content, such as hate speech and misinformation, with biases even further reinforced by training data
New Resources for you
Also, I’m now offering a 15-minute one-on-one to help you set up your generative AI systems. If you don’t know where to get started, let’s chat!
If you know anyone that might find this newsletter useful, let them know they should sign up now.
How can I help you?
Want to join hundreds of other designers who are staying ahead of the coming AI wave?
Subscribe now to get the latest in AI and Design in your inbox each week.